WinSCP is a most popular open source free SFTP, FTP, WebDAV, S3 and SCP clients for Windows.
It was one of the simplest, fastest and most efficient ways to transfer files from one PC to another.
The main feature is file transfer between a local and remote PC or Laptop.
WinSCP application provides scripting and basic file manager performance.
It was probably the first GUI file transfer client for SSH ever and it support both SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2.
You can use this application to transfer files both manually and automatically.
It provides friendly and graphical user interface to the text-based secure File transfer protocol client.
WinSCP application copies files between and remote computers using multiple protocols.
It provides common operations with files and edit files directly from WinSCP using WinSCP internal text editor.
It was comes with two different layouts, one looks like the simple windows explorer and another one is inspired by the old Norton Commander.
Another best feature is it’s provide nice addition is the session saving option. If you want to save your session configuration, you can use the save button.
It also support Windows in terms of drag & dropping files and pasting URLs and shortcuts.
One of the strongest pillars of WinSCP is its support for security and encryption.
FTP client use to choose the file protocol we wanted to use and enter host name, port number, username and password.
Another feature in this App screen looks a lot like our favorite PuTTY and MobaXterm clients.
It was provides many features and it’s available in different languages.
Officially download WinSCP for Windows 10/7/8/Vista/Xp desktop devices.
WinSCP Best Features
- WinSCP is free and open source
- It support for different file transfer protocols like SFTP, SCP, FTP and WebDAV
- Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2
- Integrated simple text editor that allows you to edit text files locally or remotely
- You can transfer files manually and automatically
- Its offers the capability to add a master password to protect the stored information.
- FTP client that you can use to transfer files securely and comfortably
- There are two types of interface: based on windows explorer and Norton Commander
- It support for SSH password, collective keyboard and public key
- You can easily rename files, copy and delete
- it was support with PuTTY client and you can share site settings
- You can manage multiple files at the same time
- Graphical user interface and translated into different languages
It was the one of the best simplest and fastest ways to transfer files from one PC to another device. You can transfer file both manually and automatically. It provides secure connections for file transfers.
Download WinSCP for Windows 10/7/8/VISTA/XP
Click to download for Windows (installation)
Click to download for Windows (portable)
PuTTY with SSH for Windows/Linux
MobaXterm for Windows
Cyberduck for Windows/Mac
FileZilla for Windows/Mac/Linux
MobaSSH for Windows
Cute FTP Lite for Windows/Mac