There are many ways to upgrade from one Ubuntu version to another Ubuntu version very easily.
Now Ubuntu upgrade 17.10 release is official there’s a new desktop, new display server, a new display manager and new kernel.
If you’re wondering how to upgrade Ubuntu 17.04 LTS to Ubuntu 17.10 LTS, follow below process step-by-step.
If you’re using Ubuntu 16.04 you’ll have to upgrade first to 16.10, then 17.04 and finally to 17.10.
I won’t to advise doing that as it will take a lot of time and your system will have plenty of issues after that.
If you’re using Ubuntu 16.04 wait for Ubuntu 18.04 LTS release so that you could directly upgrade to it.
Prepare to Upgrade
- Install updates for Ubuntu 14.04
- First, make a Backup your data important files and folders.
- Next, make sure you have installed all updates to your current release before you begin. this will make your upgrade as smooth and fast as possible.
- Ensure that kernel version you’re using is the latest
- Stop non-critical services
- Start LISH session to ensure that the installation is not interrupted.
How to Ubuntu upgrade 14.04 to 17.10
You can upgrade to Ubuntu 17.10 in two ways every easily.
- 1st way using software updater
- 2nd way using command line
Both have you choose to do it you get the same results
If you using software Updater to upgrade all you have to do is wait for Ubuntu to notify you that a new version of Ubuntu is available.
- Open software & Updates using the unity Dash
- Select the Update option
- After that find the section titled –notify me a new Ubuntu version
- Change this from –for long term support version to any new version
- Click “close”
Once that upgrade is complete you will need to follow the process outlined above to upgrade from 17.04 to 17.10
To manually upgrade to Ubuntu 17.10 using the command lines all you have to do is run the following command lines in new terminal windows step by step
This should open the update manager and alert you that a new release is available
upgrade is complete and a restart is required .Enter Y and continue
Linux Backup and Restore
Windows 10 Backup and Restore
uTorrent for Linux/Windows/Mac
GHD Sports live TV App for Android